Monday, April 14, 2008

A Fundraiser for Ghana and Togo

On July 24, 2006 people from different cultures and different generations blended perfectly in harmony wishing me a Happy 47th Birthday. Balloons covered the walls, ribbons colored the columns, ethnic tablecloths wrapped the tables nicely, and African music flavored the party, welcoming Togo and Ghana as OI’s next project nations. Hubert Eteh-Benissan and family provided delicious African food.
A crowd of well-wishers attended my birthday party
as a
benefit for OI’s work in Togo and Ghana, West Africa.

The high point of the party was a beautiful birthday cake. As I made my wishes and blew out the candles, guests regaled me with Happy Birthday in six languages: English, French, Ewe (West African), Polish, Indonesia, and Hebrew!

No comments: